Lilliputiens

Discussions autour des géants du Royal de Luxe

Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e).

Annonce

Pour éviter toute ambiguïté, notez que les fondateurs de ce forum ne font pas partie de la compagnie Royal de Luxe. Pour joindre la compagnie, rendez-vous sur leur site web : royal-de-luxe.com

The founders of this forum are not members of the Royal de Luxe company. In order to contact Royal de Luxe, please visit their website : royal-de-luxe.com

#1 29/06/2009 01:26

Nokigrrl
Lilliputien discret
Lieu : Woodbridge, VA, USA

October, 2009 visit to Nantes

Hello,

I am planning to visit Nantes, specifically to visit the Les Machines de L'île, in October 2009.  I encourage suggestions to make this an unforgettable journey. I would prefer to experience Nantes more as a local than a tourist. 

This will be my second visit to France.  I celebrated a birthday in Paris in 2008, and wanted to see Les Machine De L'isle then but, alas, it was closed for the winter season!

Thank you,
Shirley Couteau

#2 30/06/2009 10:07

Cavabardus
Lilliputien bavard

Re : October, 2009 visit to Nantes

Hello, too wink

(first, excuse my english, I was not very heedful in classroom smile )

For a nice visit in Nantes, you can use my map (partially translated, sorry)
here

and, of course, the english version of "Les machines de l'ile" : http://www.lesmachines-nantes.fr/english/

Enjoy smile

#3 02/07/2009 00:53

Nokigrrl
Lilliputien discret
Lieu : Woodbridge, VA, USA

Thank you!

I have had such fun looking clicking all over your map and finding more information on areas you have highlighted. 

The English version of "Les machines de l'ile" is wonderful.

Thank you again,
Shirley Couteau

#4 02/07/2009 21:43

Cavabardus
Lilliputien bavard

If you had fun just finding information about the town with my map, I can't imagine your feelings when you are in Nantes smile

More seriously, don't forget to share your pictures after your trip, too. wink

And you're welcome smile

#5 01/09/2009 16:04

mederic
Lilliputien bavard

A pre-itinerary of the latest Royal de Luxe show in Berlin has finally been published a few days ago on the official website wwww.riesen-in-berlin.de.

Thursday 1st October

Strange things happen at the Schlossplatz and the Pariser Platz to indicate that the giants are coming.

Friday 2nd October

In front of the Rotes Rathaus, the Little Giantess will be welcomed personally by the mayor of Berlin. She carries a large post office sack, full of undelivered letters, and is looking for her uncle, the Big Giant, whom she has not seen for years. She explores on foot and in her ocean-going boat the area as far as the Bebelplatz and the Gendarmenmarkt, and goes to sleep that evening in the Lustgarten.

Saturday 3rd October

While the Little Giantess makes her way to Checkpoint Charlie and the Potsdamer Platz, the Big Giant emerges out of the water as a deep sea diver in the Humboldthafen next to the new central station. He moves through the streets in the direction of the Siegessäule looking for his little niece. In the late afternoon uncle and niece meet again after years of separation at the Brandenburg Gate.

Sunday 4th October

Starting at the Brandenburg Gate, the two reunited giants travel down the Straße des 17. Juni in a large celebratory parade. Finally the giant postal sack spits out its long lost letters. The Little Giantess and the Big Giant walk together to the Spree and leave by boat.

Pied de page des forums